Flyingfifteen.ie welcomes all contributions to the website, whether text, images, or any other common content format, and on any topic connected with sailing and racing the Flying Fifteen, or with the wonderful sport of sailing generally.
To help keep things on an even keel, contributors are asked to follow a few basic guidelines:
- Proof your text, and ensure that information is complete and accurate
- If your material is intended for publication as a web page, as opposed to a downloadable document (pdf or doc), send plain or lightly formatted text and images separately. Please do not heavily style or lay out text in Word or another word processor or design software. This is likely to slow publication, and any complex formatting will be lost in the web page
- Notice of race, sailing instructions and other official documents must be submitted in a pdf or doc file, and formatted as intended for download
- Information contained in official documents should be filed separately in plain or lightly formatted text, if it is intended that it also should be publised as a website content item
- If you can, crop pictures and resize them for web use (lower file size than print), with a maximum width of 550px. If you have a large number of images, consider sharing them via DropBox. If you’re not used to using imaging software, don’t worry: just email your pictures to the address below
- Association and fleet officers should check the website regularly to ensure that all information is accurate, complete and current
- Send all contributions to email@example.com
- Note that you can also post directly to the Flying Fifteens Ireland Facebook page. Alternatively, you can tweet to @FifteensIRL.